9.24.2011

Week Two Round Up

Well, another busy week of University has passed and by busy I actually mean very busy. A lot has happened, I started my real timetable of seminars, lectures and workshops and have even been given details of my first brief!

I have also been given plenty of 'homework' to be getting on with. I received a lengthy piece of work to do from all but one lecture, but work was needed to be able to participate in it!

So far I have started critical studies, this attempts to get us to see work from a new perspective and helps us to create new and original ideas. Practical work was fun, we learned the proper use of light meters for ambient and flash applications; I am still wondering when to use incident or reflected light, though.

Friday was perhaps the most daunting for most, we had to pick a photograph from our Sculpture Park Trip to present to our group of 50 students in a "Concerned Client Task". I was the last of the day to present and I actually received the best feedback for my presentation style, critique on my chosen photograph wasn't bad either!Below is the image, chosen to represent 'form' with elements of 'tone' and 'line'.

Canon 20D - ISO100 - f/5.6 - 1/400

I'll leave you with some important news. I bought a Filofax.

No comments:

Post a Comment