9.13.2011

Induction Week Continues

My very second day at University was the classes' first opportunity to share its work with each other. We shared images with our allocated groups, discussed how they were taken and how it relates to our career aspirations.

My chosen image was my candid shot of a man at the temporary art installation, on Birkrigg Common, Harmonic Fields. It shows a high contrast, photojournalistic style that I hope to develop. Unfortunately the Mac and projector combination reproduced the image far too dark. Feedback was good but the lecturer was quick to point out that a modern photojournalist must also rely on other means to support themselves, unless part of Magnum.



I am pleased to say that the group I have been allocated to has proven wrong my assumptions from Monday, most had produced high level work though still carrying some niggles. Real critique was at a minimum until Ninja John, the wildlife photographer, gave some real insight into industry standards.

Again this was a short day, a half day in fact, so very little happened. I expect even less is going to happen tomorrow so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment