8.08.2011

Back To the '70s - Canon AE-1

The Canon AE-1 released back in 1976 was one of the first SLR cameras to be controlled solely by a CPU, this allowed SLR photography to be accessed by millions of amateur photographers as was shown by the phenomenal sales figures. The AE-1 alone established Canon as a leader in camera innovation, paving the way for many new and exciting products.


The Canon AE-1 was also my ticket into the world of photography.

The very camera you see above was bought by my Dad back in 1978, accompanying it is a 50mm 1.8 that had been attached to the camera until the day I found it in our barn. The condition was very good, the camera wasn't boxed but it had everything I needed to get me into photography. All I needed to do was buy some film and a battery for the light meter!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment