7.10.2011

Picture of the Week

Welcome to the first 'Picture of the Week' installment. Every week I will select a picture from my Flickr Photostream that may be a particular favourite of mine or have some other kind of significance.

This week's picture was taken on July 3rd 2011 in the village of Little Urswick.

 The picture shows the dashboard of a car, an abandoned car. It was actually a Volkswagen Beetle, most likely from the '60s, that had been left in a barn for at least a decade by the looks of it. I came across the car whilst walking home from some open gardens which I had been photographing, I was shocked to see such an iconic car left to rot.

The camera accompanying me at the time was my Canon 20D with 50mm 1.8, though I'm sure the affect from a film camera with black and white film would be just as pleasing. I edited the image in Lightroom, firstly converting the image into black and white and then adjusting the black levels and contrast. The end result is the image you see above.

I hope you like the picture as much as I do, please don't hesitate to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment